Students at FIT have the opportunity to pursue an academic minor, a selection of courses focused on a particular discipline or a combination of disciplines. This provides a more cohesive program of study and a deeper understanding of the chosen fields.
Visit the Academic Advisement Center in room C402 to declare a minor and create the best plan of action for completing the required coursework.
- Completion of one (1) course before minor declaration
- Declare a minor in the bachelor degree program, unless in the process of completing all 5 minor course requirements in the AAS
- Students must complete (5) courses as outlined in the minor (which the majority of the time adds up to 15 course credits)
- Transfer students can transfer up to six (6) credits for any academic minor
- There is a limit of 3 minors per undergraduate degree
- Must complete 3/5 distinct unique courses per minor (This means 2/5 courses can overlap with courses in another minor or courses required in the major area, related area or liberal arts.)
- Upon successful completion of the selected course credits with a 2.0 or higher GPA, your minor will be recorded on your transcript.
Minor must be completed by the time you graduate.
Liberal Arts Minors
African American and Africana Studies
Ethnic Dress in a Global Context
Fashion History, Theory, and Culture
Film and Media Studies
French and Francophone Studies
History of Art
Latin American Studies
Middle East and North African Studies
Sustainable Materials and Technology (SM&T)
Women and Gender Studies
Art and Design Minors
Design Thinking (for students in the Schools of Business & Technology and Liberal Arts only)
Business and Technology Minors
International Trade and Marketing
|Creative Entrepreneurship||Entrepreneurship for the Fashion and Design Industries, BS|
|International Trade and Marketing||International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries, BS|
|History of Art Minor||Art History and Museum Professions, BS|