School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00565 HEGIS 1303
The major in Textile Development and Marketing prepares students for successful careers in sustainable fabric development and color creation for fashion apparel, home furnishings, and other related industry end-use applications through structural fabric design and research and quality assurance. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2019.
|MAJOR AREA||TT 327 - Woven Product Development I||2.5|
|TT 381 - Knit Product Development I||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 222 - Statistical Analysis||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Other World Civilizations*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 313 - Textile Fibers||3|
|TT 328 - Woven Product Development II||2.5|
|TT 382 - Knit Product Development II||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 253 - Ecology and Environmental Problems||3|
|MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|PL 300 - Business Ethics||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 343 - Textile Coloration: Principles and Processes||3|
|TT 362 - Textile Finishing - Principles, Practices and Advancements||2|
|TT 477 - Textile Converting and Costing||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language* G8||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Social Sciences*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|TT 476 - Textile Project Development||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 443 - International Economics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / American History*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2019 Requirements: see below
*Liberal Arts Requirements: 36 credits
- American History: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education American History requirement (G10)
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and SS 443
- English: 3 credits. EN 321
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet the General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8)
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 222. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 311.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9)
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 300
- Science: 3 credits. SC 253
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 334, SS 352, SS 353, SS 354, SS 356, or SS 374
NOTE: Students must have taken the following course prior to entering the program: SS 141.
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing BS degree program, students will demonstrate:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will describe the basic tenets of sustainability and corporate social responsibility and apply that knowledge to responsibly create products that instill a sense of ecology, economy, and social wellbeing.
- Product Knowledge: Students will employ assessment tools to evaluate business quality and meet industry recognized standards.
- Technology: Students will use technology to construct, evaluate and support the creation of fabric forming methodology, coloration, and chemical modification, and will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of their choices.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will use research, design, and implementation strategies to create products that are competitively priced and well positioned.
- Globalism: Students will assess textile industries and opportunities to develop products and markets, and network effectively with industry professionals in a global context.
- Communication: Students will produce effective marketing and communication strategies and communicate them effectively in written, oral and visual form.