School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00565 CIP: 19.0902
The major in Textile Development and Marketing prepares students for successful careers in sustainable fabric development and color creation for fashion apparel, home furnishings, and other related industry end-use applications through structural fabric design and research and quality assurance. Curriculum below is for the entering class of fall 2020.
|MAJOR AREA||TT 327 - Woven Product Development I||2.5|
|TT 381 - Knit Product Development I||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 222 - Statistical Analysis||3|
|choice - see Requirements*: Liberal Arts/Other World Civilizations||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 313 - Textile Fibers||3|
|TT 328 - Woven Product Development II||2.5|
|TT 382 - Knit Product Development II||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 253 - Ecology and Environmental Problems||3|
|MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|PL 300 - Business Ethics||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 343 - Textile Coloration: Principles and Processes||3|
|TT 362 - Textile Finishing - Principles, Practices and Advancements||2|
|TT 477 - Textile Converting and Costing||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Requirements*: Liberal Arts/Foreign Language G8||3|
|choice - see Requirements*: Liberal Arts/Social Sciences||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|TT 476 - Textile Project Development||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 443 - International Economics||3|
|choice - see Requirements*: Liberal Arts/American History||3|
|choice - see Requirements*: Liberal Arts/Foreign Language||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
*Fall 2020 Requirements: See below.
Liberal Arts Requirements: 36 credits
- American History: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education American History requirement (G10)
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and SS 443
- English: 3 credits. EN 321
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet the General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8)
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 222. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 311.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9)
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 300
- Science: 3 credits. SC 253
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 334, SS 352, SS 353, SS 354, SS 356, or SS 374
NOTE: Students must have taken the following course prior to entering the program: SS 141.
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing BS degree program, students will demonstrate:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will describe the basic tenets of sustainability and corporate social responsibility and apply that knowledge to responsibly create products that instill a sense of ecology, economy, and social wellbeing.
- Product Knowledge: Students will employ assessment tools to evaluate business quality and meet industry recognized standards.
- Technology: Students will use technology to construct, evaluate and support the creation of fabric forming methodology, coloration, and chemical modification, and will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of their choices.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will use research, design, and implementation strategies to create products that are competitively priced and well positioned.