School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 33762 HEGIS 0599
The major in Entrepreneurship for the Fashion and Design Industries provides students with the knowledge, skills, and mind-set necessary to succeed in new and underchartered business environments. Graduating students are prepared to transform creative ideas into business ventures and to assume leadership positions in entrepreneurial companies. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2016.
|MAJOR AREA||EP 311 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|RELATED AREA||AC 311 - Integrated Marketing Communications Management||3|
|MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 321 - Data Analysis for Business Applications*||3|
|SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Speech*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||EP 321 - The Business Plan||3|
|EP 331 - Finance and Accounting for the Non-Financial Manager||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|PL 431 - Philosophy: Ethics G7||3|
|choice - see Writing*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||EP 441 - Converting Innovation into Value||3|
|RELATED AREA||BL 343 - Introduction to Business Law||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Economics*||3|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||choice - see American History* G10||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language* G8||3|
|MAJOR AREA||EP 452 - Entrepreneurship Practicum||3|
|RELATED AREA||IC 497 - Senior Internship C: Career Planning||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Foreign Language*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts*||3|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||choice - see Other World Civilizations* G9||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2016 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts: 27 credits
- American History: 3 credits. CHOICE of any course that meets General Education American History requirement (G10). If this requirement has been fulfilled, students must substitute one liberal arts elective.
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and CHOICE of SS 343 or 443.
- Foreign Language: 6 credit. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8).
- Liberal Arts Elective: 3 credits. Select Liberal Arts courses from the following subject areas: CH (Chinese), EN (English), FI (Film & Media) - any FI course other than FI 261, 361, 461, 362, and 462, FR (French), HA (History of Art), HE (Health Education) 201, 301, IT (Italian), JA (Japanese), MU (Music), HI (History), MA (Math), LA (Liberal Arts), MC (Modern Languages & Cultures), PE (Physical Education & Dance) 215, 216, 217, PL (Philosophy), SC (Science), SP (Spanish), and SS (Social Science). See Liberal Arts Courses.
- Mathematics: MA 222 and Algebra proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 321.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 354 or 374 (either one of which meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).
- Speech: 3 credits. CHOICE of EN 241, 242, 244, or 342.
- Writing: 3 credits. CHOICE of EN 321, 322, or 323.
NOTE: Students must complete the following courses prior to entering this program: AC 111, FM 116, and MG 153. Business and Technology BS bridge course condition: SS 141 Macroeconomics (this course is the prerequisite for SS 242 Microeconomics at the bachelor degree level).