School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall and spring. NYSED: 20789 HEGIS 0509
This overseas academic program leads to the bachelor’s degree in Fashion Business Management. Students spend semesters 5 and 6 in Florence, and semesters 7 and 8 in New York. Students must complete IT 111 before attending FBM in Florence. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2016.
|FM 226 - International Buying and Marketing (Major Area Elective)**||3|
|FM 361 - Leadership Development for Retailing||3|
|FM 424 - Global Merchandising||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||HA 212 - Renaissance Art in Florence G7||3|
|IT 111 - Italian I (taken prior to Semester 5)||3|
|IT 112 - Italian II G8||3|
|SS 354 - Comparative Political Systems G9||3|
|FM 431 - Sales Management (Specialization)||3|
|RELATED AREA||choice - Internship or FM 321**||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 245 - Intercultural Communication||3|
|HA 344 - History of Western Costume|
or IT 213 - Italian III
|SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|MAJOR AREA||New York:|
|FM 324 - Business of Licensing (Specialization)||3|
|FM 325 - Financial Assortment and Planning||3|
|RELATED AREA||MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 321 - Data Analysis for Business Applications||3|
|EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MAJOR AREA||New York|
|FM 422 - Merchandising Strategies||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications|
or 331 - Calculus
|PL 431 - Philosophy: Ethics G7||3|
|choice - see Economics*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2016 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts: 36 credits
- English & Speech: 6 credits. EN 321 and EN 245.
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and CHOICE of SS 343, 443, or 445.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must be a 3-credit, non-conversational course that meets General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8). IT 111 must be taken prior to travel. Note that IT 213 can be taken as an optional liberal arts elective (after completion of the foreign language 6-credit requirement). TOTAL Liberal Arts Credits and General Education Summary with IT 111 Italian I (3 cr.) is 36.
- Liberal Arts Elective(s): 6 credits. HA 212 and (HA 344 or IT 213).
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Students must complete MA 222 prior to enrolling in MA 321 in the fifth semester. CHOICE of MA 311 or 331.
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 431.
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. SS 354, which meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).