School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall and spring. NYSED: 20789 HEGIS 0509
This overseas academic program leads to the bachelor’s degree in Fashion Business Management. Students spend semesters 5 and 6 in Florence, and semesters 7 and 8 in New York. Students must complete IT 111 before attending FBM in Florence. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2015.
|FM 226 - International Buying and Marketing (Major Area Elective)**||3|
|FM 361 - Leadership Development for Retailing||3|
|FM 424 - Global Merchandising||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||HA 212 - Renaissance Art in Florence G7||3|
|IT 111 - Italian I (taken prior to Semester 5)||3|
|IT 112 - Italian II G8||3|
|SS 354 - Comparative Political Systems G9||3|
|FM 321 - Workshop in Apparel Merchandising (Major Area Elective)**||3|
|FM 431 - Sales Management (Specialization)||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 245 - Intercultural Communication||3|
|HA 344 - History of Western Costume|
or IT 213 - Italian III
|SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|MAJOR AREA||New York:|
|FM 324 - Business of Licensing (Specialization)||3|
|FM 325 - Financial Assortment and Planning||3|
|RELATED AREA||MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 321 - Data Analysis for Business Applications||3|
|EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MAJOR AREA||New York|
|FM 422 - Merchandising Strategies||3|
|RELATED AREA||choice - see Internship*** or Major Area Elective **||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications|
or 331 - Calculus
|PL 431 - Philosophy: Ethics G7||3|
|choice - see Economics*||3||TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2015 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts: 36 credits (includes IT 111 Italian I, 3 credits)
- English & Speech: 6 credits. EN 321 and EN 245.
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and CHOICE of SS 343, 443, or 445.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must be a 3-credit, non-conversational course that meets General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8). Note that IT 213 can be taken as an optional liberal arts elective (after completion of the foreign language 6-credit requirement). Italian I must be taken prior to travel. TOTAL Liberal Arts Credits and General Education Summary with IT 111 Italian I (3 cr.) is 36.
- History of Art: 6 credits. HA 212 and (HA 344 or IT 213).
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Students must complete MA 222 prior to enrolling in MA 321 in the fifth semester. CHOICE of MA 311 or 331.
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 431.
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. SS 354, which meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).
***Internship: 3 credits