School of Art and Design
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 36131 HEGIS 1009
The major in Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design prepares students for opportunities in design positions as exhibition designers, store planners, visual merchandisers, museum exhibition designers, event planners, and designers for other themed environments. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2016.
|MAJOR AREA||VP 301 - Overview of Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design||2|
|VP 311 - Space and Environment for Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design||2|
|VP 312 - Product Presentation||2|
|VP 321 - Visualization and Sketching for Design||2|
|VP 331 - Three-Dimensional Construction for Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see American History* G10||3|
|choice - see History of Art and Civilization*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||VP 313 - Visual Presentation in In-Store Design||2|
|VP 314 - Mannequin Presentation for Retail and Exhibitions||2|
|VP 332 - Merchandising Lab for In-Store Design||1|
|VP 341 - Graphic Strategy for Visual Presentation||2|
|DE 226 - CAD for Visual Presentation II||2|
|RELATED AREA||ID 241 - Lighting Design I||1.5|
|PH 118 - Beginning Digital Photography||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Other World Civilizations* G9||3|
|MAJOR AREA||VP 411 - Interpretive Exhibition Design||2|
|VP 441 - Interpretive Exhibition Graphics||2|
|choice - see Major Area Elective**||1.5|
|RELATED AREA||AC 262 - Multimedia Presentations||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 323 - Specialized Writing and Thesis Preparation||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||VP 412 - Senior Design Project||4|
|VP 461 - Portfolio and Professional Presentation||2|
|IC 497 - Senior Internship C: Career Planning||3|
|RELATED AREA||BE 404 - Business for Visual Presentation||2|
|choice - see Related Area Elective***||1.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Foreign Language*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2016 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts and Art History: 18 credits.
- American History: 3 credits. CHOICE of any non-HA liberal arts course that meets the General Education American History requirement (G10).
- English and Speech: 3 credits. EN 323 Specialized Writing and Thesis Preparation (3 cr.).
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8).
- History of Art and Civilization: 3 credits. CHOICE of any HA course (for which prerequisites have been met) not previously taken or required.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. CHOICE of any HA course that meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).
***Related Area Elective: 1.5 credits (minimum).
CHOICE of any elective course in Art and Design for which student has met prerequisite(s).