School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00564 HEGIS 0599
The major in Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries offers students the opportunity to prepare for careers as managers of the production process within the global marketplace in fashion and fashion-related industries. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2018.
|MAJOR AREA||MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|MG 311 - Manufacturing I: Equipment Analysis||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Foreign Language* G8||3|
|EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 213 - Quantitative Methods*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 312 - Manufacturing II: Process Analysis||3|
|MG 313 - Cutting Room Processes||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 032 - Color Science Laboratory||1|
|SC 332 - Color and Light||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language*||3|
|choice - see Social Sciences*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 411 - Manufacturing Facilities Management||3|
|MG 442 - Product Costing||3|
|RELATED AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Other World Civilizations*||3|
|choice - see Social Sciences*||6|
|MAJOR AREA||IC 497 - Senior Internship C: Career Planning||3|
|MG 432 - Strategy, Policy, and Decision Making||3|
|RELATED AREA||TS 367 - Knit Fabrics and Machinery||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||PL 211 - Informal Logic: A Guide to Clear Thinking||3|
|choice - see American History*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2018 Requirements: see below
* Liberal Arts: 34 credits**
- American History: 3 credits. CHOICE of EN 271 or 272, or HI 202 or 392
- English: 3 credits. EN 321
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet the General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8)
- Mathematics: 3 credits. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 213
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 151, 353, 354, 355, or 356
- Social Sciences: 9 credits. SS 141, SS 237, and SS 242. If these courses have been taken previously, students must substitute another liberal arts course(s). See Liberal Arts Courses.
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 211
- Science: 4 credits. SC 032 and SC 332
**60 credits total in liberal arts are required to earn a BS. Students who transferred into Production Management from another major or from another college may need to take additional liberal art credits to earn 60 total.
If you are a high school student
You should apply to the two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program. High school students may not apply directly to the Production Management BS program. On completing the AAS, many students choose to apply to the two-year BS program.
If you have an AAS from FIT
You may apply to the Bachelor of Science program.
If you have credits or a degree from another college
You may apply to the two-year Production Management BS program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent or related program at a regionally accredited college.
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as the FIT Production Management AAS program. Applicants from college programs that are not equivalent must apply to the AAS program.
Please note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration.