School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00564 HEGIS 0599
The major in Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries offers students the opportunity to prepare for careers as managers of the production process within the global marketplace in fashion and fashion-related industries. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2016.
|MAJOR AREA||MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|MG 311 - Manufacturing I: Equipment Analysis||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Foreign Language* G8||3|
|EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 213 - Quantitative Methods*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 312 - Manufacturing II: Process Analysis||3|
|MG 313 - Cutting Room Processes||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 032 - Color Science Laboratory||1|
|SC 332 - Color and Light||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language*||3|
|choice - see Social Sciences*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 411 - Manufacturing Facilities Management||3|
|MG 442 - Product Costing||3|
|RELATED AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Other World Civilizations||3|
|choice - see Social Sciences||6|
|MAJOR AREA||IC 497 - Senior Internship C: Career Planning||3|
|MG 432 - Strategy, Policy, and Decision Making||3|
|RELATED AREA||TS 367 - Knit Fabrics and Machinery||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||PL 211 - Informal Logic: A Guide to Clear Thinking||3|
|choice - see American History||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2016 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts: 34 credits.
- American History: 3 credits. CHOICE of EN 271 or 272, or HI 202 or 392.
- English: 3 credits. EN 321.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8).
- Mathematics: 3 credits. Algebra proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 213.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 151, 353, 354, 355, or 356.
- Social Sciences: 9 credits. SS 242 and CHOICE of 6 credits from SS (Social Science). See Liberal Arts Courses.
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 211.
- Science: 4 credits. SC 032 and SC 332.
NOTE: For students seeking to enroll in Production Management bachelor's program, the following "bridge courses" must be successfully completed, ideally before starting the program: MG 114, 132, 153, 234, and 242, and TS 111.