School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 20809 HEGIS 0509
The major in Direct and Interactive Marketing offers students the opportunity to prepare for entry-level management positions in the marketing departments in a wide variety of industries, including account executives, database marketers, media managers, and market researchers. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2015.
|MAJOR AREA||DM 211 - Workshop in Direct Marketing||3|
|RELATED AREA||AC 272 - Research Methods in Integrated Marketing Communications||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 222 - Statistical Analysis||3|
|SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Speech*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||DM 321 - Database Marketing||3|
|DM 331 - Direct Response Copywriting||3|
|RELATED AREA||MG 306 - Information Systems: Case Analysis||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|choice - see Other World Civilizations* G9||3|
|MAJOR AREA||DM 421 - Direct Marketing Finance and Operations||3|
|DM 432 - Direct Response Media Planning||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see English Literature*||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language* G8||3|
|choice - Liberal Arts elective*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||DM 433 - Direct Marketing Communications||3|
|DM 435 - Internet Marketing||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||PL 431 - Philosophy: Ethics||3|
|choice - see American History* G10||3|
|choice - see Foreign Language*||3||TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2015 Requirements: See below.
* Liberal Arts: 36 credits.
- American History: 3 credits. CHOICE of EN 271 or 272, or HI 202 or 391; any one of these meets General Education American History requirement (G10).
- English Literature: 6 credits. EN 321 and CHOICE of any 200- or 300-level EN course except Speech.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8).
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 353, 354, 355, 356, 374, or 393;any one of these meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).
- Mathematics: 6 credits. MA 222 and MA 311.
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 431.
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. SS 242.
- Speech: 3 credits.. CHOICE of EN 241, 242, 244, 245, or 342, or a liberal arts elective may be substituted if an equivalent speech course has been taken previously.
- Liberal Arts elective: 3 credits. Select Liberal Arts courses from the following subject areas: CH (Chinese), EN (English), FI (Film & Media) - any FI course other than FI 261, 361, 461, 362, and 462, FR (French), HA (History of Art), HE (Health Education) 201, 301, IT (Italian), JA (Japanese), MU (Music), HI (History), MA (Math), LA (Liberal Arts), MC (Modern Languages & Cultures), PE (Physical Education & Dance) 215, 216, 217, PL (Philosophy), SC (Science), SP (Spanish), and SS (Social Science). See Liberal Arts Courses.
NOTE: Business and Technology BS bridge course condition: SS 141 Macroeconomics (this course is the prerequisite for SS 242 Microeconomics at the bachelor degree level). Students must take AC 111 Advertising and Promotion (3 cr.) or AC 114 Marketing for Integrated Marketing Communications (3 cr.) before registering for DM 211 Workshop in Direct Marketing (3 cr.)