School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00565 HEGIS 1303
The major in Textile Development and Marketing prepares students for successful careers in sustainable fabric development and color creation for fashion apparel, home furnishings, and other related industry end-use applications through structural fabric design and research and quality assurance. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2015.
|MAJOR AREA||TT 381 - Knit Product Development I||2.5|
|TT 327 - Woven Product Development I||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 222 - Statistical Analysis||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Other World Civilizations*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 313 - Textile Fibers||3|
|TT 382 - Knit Product Development II||2.5|
|TT 328 - Woven Product Development II||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 253 - Ecology and Environmental Problems||3|
|MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|PL 431 - Philosophy: Ethics||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 343 - Textile Coloration: Principles and Processes||3|
|TT 362 - Textile Finishing - Principles, Practices and Advancements||2|
|TT 477 - Textile Converting and Costing||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language* G8||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Social Sciences*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|TT 476 - Textile Project Development||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 443 - International Economics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / American History*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language*||3||TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2015 Requirements: See below.
*Liberal Arts Requirements: 36 credits.
- American History: 3 credits. Any course that meets General Education American History requirement (G10).
- English: 3 credits. EN 321.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet G8.
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Arithmetic proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 222. Algebra proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 311.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. Any course that meets General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9).
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 431.
- Science: 3 credits. SC 253.
- Social Sciences: 9 credits. SS 242 and SS 443 and CHOICE of SS 334, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, or 374.
NOTE: A liberal arts elective must be substituted for each required liberal arts course previously taken. Business and Technology BS bridge course condition: SS 141 Macroeconomics (this course is the prerequisite for SS 242 Microeconomics at the bachelor degree level).