School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 32621 HEGIS 1009
The major in Technical Design prepares students for entry into the apparel industry, provides a solid foundation for complex technical design competencies, deepens students problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and facilitates the development of professional practices, interpersonal skills, and personal abilities that equip students for advancement in the evolving garment industry. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2015.
|MAJOR AREA||TC 311 - Production Pattern Development I||2|
|TC 321 - Computerized Pattern Development||2|
|RELATED AREA||MG 314 - Manufacturing Process Analysis||2|
|TS 301 - Advanced Textiles for Technical Design||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication||3|
|MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Social Science *||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TC 312 - Production Pattern Development II||2|
|TC 322 - Computerized Grading, Marking, and Specs||3|
|TC 341 - Technical Design: Wovens||2|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Liberal Arts / American History*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Science *||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts elective *||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TC 421 - Computerized Pattern and Fit Corrections||2|
|TC 441 - Technical Design II: Stretch||2|
|TC 451 - Production and Technical Design||2|
|RELATED AREA||IC 496 - Senior Internship B: Career Planning|
or TS 332 - Technical Design for Sweater Knits
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language*||3|
|choice - see LIberal Arts / Social Science *||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TC 491 - Technical Design Senior Project||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||choice - see LIberal Arts / Foreign Language*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Humanities*||3|
|choice - choice - see Liberal Arts elective *||3|
|choice - see LIberal Arts / Social Science *||3||TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2015 Requirements: See below.
Liberal Arts: 36 credits.
- American History: 3 credits. Any course that meets General Education American History requirement (G10).
- English and Speech: 3 credits. EN 121 and any additional EN course must be completed prior to enrolling in EN 321.
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet the General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8).
- Humanities: 3 credits. CHOICE of any course that meets General Education Humanities requirement (G7).
- Mathematics: 3 credits. Algebra proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 311.
- Science: 3 credits. CHOICE of any course not previously taken for which all prerequisites have been met.
- Social Sciences: 9 credits. CHOICE of any three Social Sciences courses.
* Liberal Arts electives: (6 credits). Select Liberal Arts courses from the following subject areas: CH (Chinese), EN (English), FI (Film & Media) - any FI course other than FI 261, 361, 461, 362, and 462, FR (French), HA (History of Art), HE (Health Education) 201, 301, IT (Italian), JA (Japanese), MU (Music), HI (History), MA (Math), LA (Liberal Arts), MC (Modern Languages & Cultures), PE (Physical Education & Dance) 215, 216, 217, PL (Philosophy), SC (Science), SP (Spanish), and SS (Social Science). See Liberal Arts Courses.