School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00842 CIP: 19.0902
The major in Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries provides a strong foundation in business principles, technological training, and production methods that prepare graduates for global careers in the areas of production control, sourcing, costing, engineering, product development, quality assurance, technical design, and other administrative positions. Curriculum below is for the entering class of fall 2021.
|MAJOR AREA||MG 108 - Apparel and Home Textile Products Manufacturing||2|
|MG 153 - Excel for Business||2|
|RELATED AREA||TS 015 - Textiles for Production Management Laboratory||1.5|
|TS 115 - Textiles for Production Management||3|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||EN 121 - English Composition G1||3|
|HA 112 - History of Western Art and Civilization: Renaissance to the Modern Era||3|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 132 - Marketing for Manufacturers||3|
|MG 242 - Principles of Accounting||3|
|MG 253 - Object-Oriented Database Management||2|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||MA 222 - Statistical Analysis G2||3|
|SC 112 - Earth Science G3||3.5|
|MAJOR AREA||MG 114 - Principles of Product Construction||3|
|MG 234 - Supply Chain Management||3|
|RELATED AREA||CG 212 - Introduction to 3D Computer Modeling||2|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||SS 131 - General Psychology||3|
|choice - see Requirements - English/Speech*||3|
|choice - see Requirements - Arts||3|
|MAJOR AREA||IC 297 - AAS Internship C: Career Exploration||3|
|MG 252 - Product Data Management||3|
|RELATED AREA||choice - see Related Area Elective*||3|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||SS 141 - Macroeconomics||3|
|SS 237 - Industrial Psychology||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
*Fall 2021 Requirements: See below.
General Education: 27.5 credits:
- English: 6 credits. EN 121 and CHOICE of EN 231, EN 232, EN 233, EN 236, EN 241, EN 244, EN 245, or EN 253
- Social Sciences: 9 credits. SS 131, SS 141, and SS 237
- Arts: 3 credits. CHOICE: see Liberal Arts approved courses in the Arts category. See General Education Requirements and Courses list.
- History of Art: 3 credits. HA 112
- Science: 3.5 credits. SC 112
- Math: 3 credits. MA 222
Upper Division Alternative(s):
Graduates of this program are eligible to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science programs in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing; Direct and Interactive Marketing; Home Products Development; Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries; and Textile Development and Marketing. By completing certain course requirements, graduates may also apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science programs in Advertising and Marketing Communications; Fashion Business Management; International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries; and Technical Design.
Upon graduating from the Production Management AAS program, students will be skilled in the following:
- Business Fundamentals: Students will dissect a financial plan, including a master budget, sales, forecast, purchase budget, operating expense budget, cash, and capital budget, projected operating statements, and proforma balance sheets in preparation of creating their own.
- Communication: Students will be able to present different business production applications for problem-solving and generate simulated tech packs of product data to be used throughout a global supply chain.
- Globalism: Students will analyze the worldwide supply chain processes from selected examples, including purchasing from a global source.
- Technology: Students will evaluate how fiber, textile, apparel producers, retailers and home furnishing companies merchandise and market their products within the industry to the ultimate consumer by using different advanced technologies in manufacturing and marketing, channels of distribution and communication.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Student will research and evaluate how fiber, textile, apparel producers, retailers and home furnishing companies and market their products within the industry to the ultimate consumer.