School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00841 CIP: 19.0901
The major in Textile Development and Marketing prepares students for careers in sustainable fabric development, color creation, and management for fashion apparel and home furnishings end uses, with an emphasis on textile applications and forensics, global sourcing, and marketing. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2020.
|MAJOR AREA||TS 111 - Fundamentals of Textiles||3|
|TS 215 - The History of Textile Trade and Technology||2|
|RELATED AREA||FM 114 - Introduction to the Fashion Industry||3|
|TD 212 - CAD and Design Fundamentals for Printed Textiles||1.5|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||EN 121 - English Composition G1||3|
|choice - See Requirements*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 174 - Fabric Development||3|
|TT 247 - Color Creation and Sustainable Applications||3|
|RELATED AREA||MG 108 - Apparel and Home Textile Products Manufacturing||2|
|MG 153 - Excel for Business||2|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||SS 141 - Macroeconomics G4||3|
|choice - see Requirements*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 201 - Fabrics for Private Label/Vertical Retailer||3|
|TT 276 - Fabrics for Interiors||2|
|RELATED AREA||MG 242 - Principles of Accounting||3|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||choice - see Requirements*||6|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 202 - Textile Value Chain Marketing: Concept to Consumer||3|
|TT 261 - Performance Textiles||3|
|RELATED AREA||IC 297 - AAS Internship C: Career Exploration||3|
|or choice Related Area Elective (2-3 credits)**|
|GENERAL EDUCATION||SC 147 - The Forensics of Fiber Analysis G3||3|
|choice - see Requirements*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
|HEALTH AND/OR PHYS. ED||2|
*Fall 2020 Requirements: see below
General Education: 24 credits
- Three (3) credits from each required area, totaling 9 credits: G1, G2, and G3 (SC 147)
- Three (3) credits from G4 (SS 141)
- Nine (9) credits from three different areas in liberal arts courses in G5-G10
- Three (3) credit Speech course: CHOICE of EN 241, EN 242, EN 244, or EN 245
Upper Division Alternatives:
Graduates of this program are eligible to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science programs in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing, Direct and Interactive Marketing, Home Products Development, Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries, and Textile Development and Marketing. By completing certain course requirements, graduates may also apply to the Bachelor of Science programs in Advertising and Marketing Communications, Fashion Business Management, International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries, and Technical Design.
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing AAS degree program, students will demonstrate:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will understand the meaning, relevance and responsibility to steward finance, ecology and society.
- Product Knowledge: Students will be able to examine textile products, including analysis and application to appropriate end uses.
- Technology: Students will develop a scientific baseline of textile technology to understand both the primary and ancillary needs of textile products.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate techniques that enable decision making through product and process knowledge.
- Globalism: Students will develop diverse patterns of thinking to understand the complex geographical and cultural nature of the textile industry.
- Communication: Students will demonstrate the basic methods of domestic and international communication so they can function globally.