School of Business and Technology
Applications accepted for fall only. NYSED: 00565 HEGIS 1303
The major in Textile Development and Marketing prepares students for successful careers in sustainable fabric development and color creation for fashion apparel, home furnishings, and other related industry end-use applications through structural fabric design and research and quality assurance. Curriculum below is for the entering class of Fall 2018.
|MAJOR AREA||TT 327 - Woven Product Development I||2.5|
|TT 381 - Knit Product Development I||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||EN 321 - Strategies of Business Communication *||3|
|MA 222 - Statistical Analysis *||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Other World Civilizations*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 313 - Textile Fibers||3|
|TT 328 - Woven Product Development II||2.5|
|TT 382 - Knit Product Development II||2.5|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SC 253 - Ecology and Environmental Problems *||3|
|MA 311 - Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications||3|
|PL 300 - Business Ethics *||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 343 - Textile Coloration: Principles and Processes||3|
|TT 362 - Textile Finishing - Principles, Practices and Advancements||2|
|TT 477 - Textile Converting and Costing||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 242 - Microeconomics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language* G8||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Social Sciences*||3|
|MAJOR AREA||TT 055 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products Laboratory||1.5|
|TT 455 - Total Quality Management for Textile Products||1|
|TT 476 - Textile Project Development||3|
|LIBERAL ARTS||SS 443 - International Economics||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / American History*||3|
|choice - see Liberal Arts / Foreign Language*||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS|
Fall 2018 Requirements: see below
*Liberal Arts Requirements: 36 credits
- American History: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education American History requirement (G10)
- Economics: 6 credits. SS 242 and SS 443
- English: 3 credits. EN 321
- Foreign Language: 6 credits. Two semesters of the same foreign language, one of which must meet the General Education Foreign Language requirement (G8)
- Mathematics: 6 credits. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 222. Mathematics Proficiency must be completed prior to enrolling in MA 311.
- Other World Civilizations: 3 credits. Any course that meets the General Education Other World Civilizations requirement (G9)
- Philosophy: 3 credits. PL 300
- Science: 3 credits. SC 253
- Social Sciences: 3 credits. CHOICE of SS 334, SS 352, SS 353, SS 354, SS 355, SS 356, or SS 374
NOTE: Students must have taken the following course prior to entering the program: SS 141.
IF YOU ARE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
High school students should apply to the two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program. You may not apply directly to the Bachelor of Science program. On completing the AAS, many students choose to apply to the two-year BS program.
IF YOU HAVE AN AAS FROM FIT
You may apply to the bachelor's degree program. Depending on your major, you may have to take certain prerequisite or equivalent courses before you apply. See a Home Products faculty advisor for information.
IF YOU HAVE CREDITS OR A DEGREE FROM ANOTHER COLLEGE
You may apply to the two-year Textile Development and Marketing BS program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have an associates or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in a program that is equivalent to the FIT AAS program
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent program at a regionally accredited college.
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as the FIT Textile Development and Marketing BS program. Applicants from college programs that are not equivalent must apply to the AAS program.
Please note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration.